What a painter...Alex Kanevsky

In 2008, I was fortunate enough to discover the website of a Russian painter named Alex Kanevsky. Take a look at his website: http://www.somepaintings.net/Alex.html I was even more fortunate to be able to spend a couple of hours meeting him in person last month - G and I drove up to Philadelphia to visit with Alex in his studio. It is in the best location - an old school building off Rittenhouse Square, now rented out to artists and the like. Alex is a friendly, affable and alarmingly modest artist - with a talent that blew me away. I love his work, and being able to spend time in his studio, was priceless to me - it gave me an insight into his world where I could see, smell (and almost touch!) these most beautiful works of art. From landscapes to portraiture, the brushwork is astonishing - and like the naturally gifted painter he is, he makes it appear so very effortless.