The Highlands

One of my Scottish cousin's is getting married in May - in Edinburgh - and I have finally found a hotel with availability... Apparently there is some rugby game going on the same weekend -talk about inconsiderate- and all the hotels, bed and breakfasts and guesthouses are packed to the gills. Well, all except our hotel (which is a bit worrying...!). 3 nights in beautiful Edinburgh followed by another couple in Inverness, the real Highlands... I've never gone further north than Edinburgh, so I am looking forward to it....in a Monarch of the Glen kind of way. If it is even close to that kind of topography I will be in heaven - albeit a cold one, even in May, as I've been warned by my relatives. http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/tv/monarch/ G has never been to Scotland, so I'm excited about him seeing it for the first time (and perhaps even trying haggis out on him). We'll start in London, then my hometown Malvern -with a night in the Cotswolds- and then onto Scotland. I can hardly wait.